Naturally, you want to hold onto the wonderful photos and videos that your child's school is sending home!
It's helpful to note that you can download photos to both your smartphone and your computer. At this time videos can only be saved to a computer. Parents can only download items that contain their child, alone. If there are multiple children, it's not available for download in an effort to protect the anonymity of other children.
Downloading photos & videos to a computer
1) From your PC or Mac, open the email with the photo or video that you'd like to download.
(If you're trying to download an older photo/video & find that the link has expired, click the link to have the photo/video resent! We'll email you another copy!)
2) Double click the photo/video to view it larger in a new window.
3) Because this photo only contains one child, there are options for downloading & social media in the bottom right corner. If you do not see these options in the bottom right corner, this means that more than one child was tagged in the picture. We only allow parents to download photos/videos that contain their child, alone. If there are multiple children, we lock down the photo/video to protect the anonymity of other children.
Downloading photos from the app
1) Open the parent app and find the photo you'd like to download. Tap the thumbnail tile to open it up larger.
2) Because this photo only contains one child, there are options for downloading & social media in the bottom right corner. If you do not see these options in the bottom right corner, this means that more than one child was tagged in the picture. We only allow parents to download photos that contain their child, alone. If there are multiple children, we lock down the photo to protect the anonymity of other children.
Videos would need to be downloaded on a computer - if you open the email where you received the clip, just click the video thumbnail & click the downward pointing arrow in the bottom right corner. This will save the video file to your computer. If you don't see the arrow on either the photo or video, that would mean that there are multiple children in the clip and it isn't available for download. If the video link has expired, just click on the thumbnail in the email, anyway. It'll bring you to a page where you'll be able to request that a new one be sent to you - you'll get that new link right away! :)
Also, if you don't have the email where you had originally received those emails, you can always resend it to yourself via the website/app! If you're not currently using the app or website, scroll down for information on getting started!
Options for use
When there is only one child tagged in a picture, you'll notice these icons in the bottom right corner of the picture.
Here's what they mean!
F symbol - Uploads the photo to Facebook! It will post in your news feed so your friends can see it!
Envelope - Opens up an email so you can forward the photo/video to family & friends!
Down Arrow - Downloads the picture!
Parent app & website
You can always create a parent account on Tadpoles.com! This will give you access to all of your child's pictures, videos and daily reports so that you can view recent activity, as well as look back on memories from past years. Find instructions on creating an account by clicking on the link below!
Have questions or ideas? Contact our support team anytime at email@example.com. We love hearing from you!